*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

New (but old) SWB 100 Tranny...

New member? Post here to say Hi, tell us about yourself and your Transit!

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

New (but old) SWB 100 Tranny...

Postby Ron » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:04 pm

Hi to everybody.

Just stumbled on this forum doing a search for Transit stuff after just buying a 1999 Transit 100 SWB 2.5 Diesel. It is in excellent condtion, and I can't see any rust anywhere. It has a tailgate on the back as opposed to the two normal doors, but that's about all I can tell you.

I'm hoping to find out what engine that has (powerwise) and, after looking through the forums, I think the answer lies there. I understand there were different engines fitted to these? I may be wrong. I'll attach a pic. to the end of the post in case in can be identified visually. It has a bulkhead fitted that is a bit tatty, so I may replace, and I'm also going to get it fully ply-lined.

As I'm hoping to keep the Transit for as many years as possible, are there any steps anybody would like to recommend I should take? I was thinking of getting it undersealed if I can find anywhere to do it. Worthwhile?

Any other ideas would be great.

Hoping to help where my limited knowledge allows..

Ron
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Luke » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:08 pm

Welcome ron :D you have a banana Di there! but im unsure of the bhp!! :D
Luke
Site Admin

Postby MrMPuk » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:09 pm

The engine looks like the 76PS banana, if you want to keep the arches you will need to wax oil everything you can! Welcome by the way.
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Ron » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:27 pm

Hi and thanks for the welcomes.

The engine looks like the 76PS banana

Thanks for that. Could you tell me how you can tell by looking and what the different bhp engines were for the 2.5 diesel in 1999?

...if you want to keep the arches you will need to wax oil everything you can

Something else I'm looking at. :)
Is wax oil different to normal car wax? Is it sufficiant to wax just the paintwork like you would any other car?

Thanks for the help.
Ron
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby madmark » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:40 pm

waxoil is a wax for underbody protection if you have no arch rust then get this allover the arches to stop it ! or use grease otherwise they will soon be a bubbling! :lol:
madmark
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Ron » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:25 pm

Ahh, ok. Cheers.

Any recommendations for somewhere that does undersealing in the Midlands (Birmingham) area?

Thanks.
Ron
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby TRANSITBILL » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:23 pm

:D :D Hi Ron my mate Joe could do it for you as a foreigner ive spoke to him about it ,his no is 0794405774 hes based behind witton cementary in moor lane Witton Birmingham 100 yards from the safe harbour pub,hope this is of some use to you ,very best wishes Billy :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
TRANSITBILL
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Ron » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:42 am

TRANSITBILL wrote:Hi Ron my mate Joe could do it for you as a foreigner ive spoke to him about it...

Many thanks for this TransitBill.

I'll give him a ring soon, or may even take a ride down there and see what he advises!

:)
Ron
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Welcome