*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Have a bike, need a van...

Need a Tranny! Post Here!

Moderator: Luke

Have a bike, need a van...

Postby TheBassJunky » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:34 pm

Hi all,

Long shot, but:

I am looking for a Transit (any size) with an MOT for a camper project.

Would anyone be interested in swapping for a bike (a Kawasaki EL250)?

It has 10 months MOT, and 5 months tax. The exhaust is blowing slightly, and the switchgear on the right hand handlebar is non-standard, but mechanically it is in good condition.

It also needs a new radiator fan thermostatic switch, at the moment it is controlled by a toggle switch.

Tank that is on it has been repainted in green, but I have a new tank with original paint that you can have.

Would anyone be interested in a swap or part-ex? I bought the bike for £500 and have spent many hundreds getting it MOT'd, etc. I'm located in the north-west.

Cheers
Vehicles: VW Polo 1.4, Kawasaki EL250 Eliminator
Looking for a Transit for a camper project - will swap or p/ex for bike!
Previously owned: M-reg LWB Hitop
Driven: 57 LWB Hitop, 04 Luton
TheBassJunky

Re: Have a bike, need a van...

Postby TheBassJunky » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:52 pm

Forgot to say: the bike has had (most work done by me): new front tyre, reconditioned master cylinder & brake calliper, new fork seals and gaitors, new brake pads, and some rewiring.

The engine and gearbox are in tip-top condition and it rides perfectly, I just don't use it much and me and the girlfriend fancy a van to go away in!

Not bothered about the age or (within reason) condition of the van as long as it has a valid MOT, any minor work I can do myself.
Vehicles: VW Polo 1.4, Kawasaki EL250 Eliminator
Looking for a Transit for a camper project - will swap or p/ex for bike!
Previously owned: M-reg LWB Hitop
Driven: 57 LWB Hitop, 04 Luton
TheBassJunky

Return to Transits Wanted