*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2024 engine timing belt setup

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

2024 engine timing belt setup

Postby Keith_S » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:56 am

Hello,

I am inching, ever so slowly, towards buying one of these things (not the 2024 model) and have gone from thinking that the 2.0L engine and wet belt setup is to be avoided like the plague (based on some people's feedback) to deciding that actually I probably will go for a 2.0L model; based on the sheer presence / number of them.

Part of the shift in thinking is that the new version, as far as I understand, has just lifted the engine across i.e. it's a new body but with the same engines. I do however want to check whether that includes the same timing belt setup, if anybody knows?

The reason I ask is that I am aware, for example, that it is possible to retro fit a chain to the previous 2.0L engine and so I wondered whether this or similar might have happened. And the reason this is important, to me, is that I just can't see that if the previous engine was such a disaster that it would have been carried forward unchanged.

Any guidance on this would be much appreciated.
Keith_S
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: 2024 engine timing belt setup

Postby metalworker0 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:34 pm

You cant retrofit chains to previous 2.0L ecoblue models ..the only engine that has a wetbelt that can be swapped with a chain is the 1.8 in the connects.

Far as i know the 2.0l in the most recent models is still the same ecoblue engine ..but may be fitted with a more durable wetbelt, but i say it still needs changing every 6 years or 80,000 miles

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Transit Custom