*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

radio head unit upgrade options 2016 Custom

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

radio head unit upgrade options 2016 Custom

Postby lchris21 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:44 am

Hello,
New owner in the transit scene, well nearly a year so not so new. Van is great, bu the radio/headunit is :lol:
Anyway I think I have a Sync1? Not sure on what the models are but this one:
Is it possible to upgrade to a later unit with a bigger screen? The OEM one on mine's rubbish and looks like the old teletext from the 70's. :lol: I have a rear view camera, plus parking sensors, and satnav built in which im assuming will cause issues?
Am i better of looking at aftermarket for easier plug and play, or is this possible with OEM from a later van? Id rather stick with OEM ans im not a big fan of too many bells and whistles and not bothered about phone connectivity etc. Just the screen is tiny on this one and the radio interface is shocking !
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lchris21

Re: radio head unit upgrade options 2016 Custom

Postby mafty » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:00 pm

lchris21 wrote:Hello,
New owner in the transit scene, well nearly a year so not so new. Van is great, bu the radio/headunit is :lol:
Anyway I think I have a Sync1? Not sure on what the models are but this one:
Is it possible to upgrade to a later unit with a bigger screen? The OEM one on mine's rubbish and looks like the old teletext from the 70's. :lol: I have a rear view camera, plus parking sensors, and satnav built in which im assuming will cause issues?
Am i better of looking at aftermarket for easier plug and play, or is this possible with OEM from a later van? Id rather stick with OEM ans im not a big fan of too many bells and whistles and not bothered about phone connectivity etc. Just the screen is tiny on this one and the radio interface is shocking !
Cheers

I have just compoleted this on a 2019 model.
You will obviously need a different surround, but all the relevant part numbers (for a facelift model) are here.
Hopefully they are compatible with your van.

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=227191
Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!

Remapped by Image
mafty
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: radio head unit upgrade options 2016 Custom

Postby lchris21 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

Thanks for the info. Ill check it out.
lchris21

Return to Transit Custom