*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2021 Sport Auto - Box issues

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

2021 Sport Auto - Box issues

Postby CRM » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:38 pm

Greetings all, its been a while.
So i have a 2021 Sport Auto - and since day 1 the box has never been great, i know its a fairly privative box but i was expecting something a little smoother than this if being honest and the test drive i had felt far snappier.
Anyway its been lethargic from day 1 and after a few complaints about it, Evans Halshaw took it in and found at 4000 miles that the gearbox was significantly low of oil and needed an additional 4l to top it up.
Obviously a concern and it was slightly better (assumed more after a readaptation was forced)
So 14000 miles in, cold weather, i am once again getting the van simply refusing to shift out of first without a prod from the button on the gear lever. Once its shifted and oil is warming it is better but still very much like a big elastic band when changing gears with the slow transition and clutch slip feel between gears.

So with 3 months of warranty left, so i bother going back to Evans Halshaw or any ford dealer (Chester) or just take it to an independent and get them to service it and hope they actually do the work and not the usual say they have and just tick the box without actually doing anything !!!
CRM
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: 2021 Sport Auto - Box issues

Postby metalworker0 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:59 pm

there is a lot written about this box , but not here , mainly on USA forums ..
i think its worth trollng the net , and reading the posts ..some talk about putting different grades of oil in it ..think it has hydraulic oil and gear oil .

all the best,..mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: 2021 Sport Auto - Box issues

Postby CRM » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:51 am

Cheers Mark
Well mine is booked back in for a last throw of the dice just before the warranty expires.
Its in for a service and first MOT and report of sticky when cold gear shifts (wont change when below freezing for the first mile or so without manual shifting on the buttons)
I got the whole oil is thicker when cold thing, but with all the other Transit auto's i have driven this one feels a bit "wheezy" at best.
Shame as the rest of the van at 19000 miles is utterly spot on.

Not sure i would choose the auto again if i were to be doing another factory order.
CRM
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom