*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Custom upgrade touchscreen head unit

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Transit Custom upgrade touchscreen head unit

Postby Whiteclosegate » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:32 pm

Hi Forum.

Just purchased a Transit Custom 2018 Trend (68 Reg) which has the smaller headunit (6 button LCD) as standard fitted but wanting to upgrade to the touchscreen version with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay
Just about to check the version of Sync that is in the vehicle to confirm if it's compatible in the first instance

Can anyone confirm if the K1BT-18B955-FC headunit from a FIesta/Puma/Ecosport etc... is compatible with the Transit as the only headunit ID I can find from a Transit is L1BT-18B955-FC

So unsure of the differences etc.... from looking at the units, there seems to be no difference in fit/shape/size/connectors

Can anyone advise?
Whiteclosegate

Re: Transit Custom upgrade touchscreen head unit

Postby mafty » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:40 pm

Whiteclosegate wrote:Hi Forum.

Just purchased a Transit Custom 2018 Trend (68 Reg) which has the smaller headunit (6 button LCD) as standard fitted but wanting to upgrade to the touchscreen version with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay
Just about to check the version of Sync that is in the vehicle to confirm if it's compatible in the first instance

Can anyone confirm if the K1BT-18B955-FC headunit from a FIesta/Puma/Ecosport etc... is compatible with the Transit as the only headunit ID I can find from a Transit is L1BT-18B955-FC

So unsure of the differences etc.... from looking at the units, there seems to be no difference in fit/shape/size/connectors

Can anyone advise?

A little late in my reply, but I have just done this.

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=227191
Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!

Remapped by Image
mafty
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom