*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Limp mode and code P242D

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Limp mode and code P242D

Postby Sam.moz86 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:45 pm

Hi and a big thankyou for allowing me to join.

Sorry I'm picking brains on my first post but wish that I had joined at the start of my custom journey, so far it's been nothing but hassle but I love it.

Can anyone point me in the rite direction to solve this one?

Yesterday I towed my caravan without any issues, this morning it went into limp mode with this code. I've carried out a live test and the sensor seems to be working, the DPF is at 30% so in good condition. The vaporiser was changed approx 10k miles ago.
When it goes into limp mode a warning for Service engine now comes on. Clear the codes and it runs okay for maybe, half a mile.

Doing as much research as possible I've read that there could potentially be a common issue with a broken wire but not too sure were to look. I've removed sensor 3 and unfortunately the threads have all torn when removing it (Here's hoping i can recut the threads on the DPF).

Is it likely that the sensor can just fail like this and could it be that towing the caravan has caused it?

To add to this i topped my oil level up to the max line before my big journey, but the OBD oil level reads at 127%, could this be the cause?

I've a Custom 310 ltd 2014.
Transit Custom 310LTD 2014 2.2, or something like that :lol:
Sam.moz86

Re: Limp mode and code P242D

Postby aaronf78 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:16 pm

Hi, new member here. I joined as I've got the same code and limp mode on mine. Looks like you never got a response but just wondered if you got it resolved and more importantly....how? Tearing my hair out with mine.

Cheers
aaronf78

Postby aaronf78 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:26 pm

Hi, I can't see that you got a reply to this post but wondered if you ever got it sorted? I'm new on here and have the same issue and trying to get it sorted without spending even more on this money pit. cheers
aaronf78

Postby TomtomSt » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:19 pm

aaronf78 wrote:Hi, I can't see that you got a reply to this post but wondered if you ever got it sorted? I'm new on here and have the same issue and trying to get it sorted without spending even more on this money pit. cheers

Hi mate did you ever get this sorted I’ve got the same issue
TomtomSt

Return to Transit Custom