*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Faulty Driver window & Mirrors

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Faulty Driver window & Mirrors

Postby Steveh230 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:56 am

Hi
Got a 2014 Transit Custom Trend.

Driver’s side window and External mirrors stopped working suddenly (although mirrors still fold).

Checked fuses, and tested window motor direct, which is ok.
There is power to pin7 on window switch. When operate Passenger window, get voltage through pin1 & pin4 (up & down)...nothing when try Driver’s switch. should there be power to any other pins?
Checked wiring between door & pillar, which looks ok?
No voltage at pillar switch to pinA6 and no continuity from fuse35 (5amp) to pillar switch. There is power to A11 when ignition on, which then links to Pin7 on Window switch.
Confused on wiring diagram, that it shows permanent live to A6 (pillar connection) via fuse 35 (5 amp), that then goes to Pin8 (window switch), which is thinner black wire...this does not register any voltage or continuity ?
I can’t find wiring diagram for power to mirrors, so have been unable to check (does anyone have a wiring diagram please ?)

Please help as I have spent hours with this and is now driving me nuts.

Kind Regards
Steve
Steveh230

Re: Faulty Driver window & Mirrors

Postby Frag » Tue May 28, 2019 6:35 pm

There is a 5 amp fuse which will stop driver window,and mirrors from working,it's needed for the one shot up and down part of drivers window switch.Likely the one you've mentioned,can't remember off top of my head...

If fuses are ok,it will almost certainly be a broken wire in door loom,very common.
Or,corrosion in the connections to vehicle harness at door frame.

Peel back the rubber loom cover between door frame and door,from either end,there's a good chance a wire/wires will be broken....
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby DrDeAtH » Tue May 28, 2019 11:16 pm

DrDeAtH
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Steveh230 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:48 pm

Thanks for replies.

The 5amp fuse (35) doesn’t appear to show any voltage at the door/pillar connection (Think it should be A6)...it does not show any voltage or continuity to any pin in the door/pillar connection.
Does this suggest that there is a problem between fuse box and door pillar ?
Would this fault give the problems with the Driver’s window and power mirrors ?

Thanks for your help
Steve
Steveh230

Postby Frag » Thu May 30, 2019 7:42 pm

Is there power at both sides of the fuse itself,
Are you checking this with the ignition on ?
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby sootylum » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:22 pm

Had similar problems with driver only window not working, mirrors fold but dot adjust and indicator on mirror not working. Stripped out connector from A post and found a lot of broken wires. See photo. Ive ordered another door loom so that should get the job done.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sootylum

Postby Poulstonb » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:13 pm

Got exactly the same problem with mine , 2013 crew cab. Just installed a new Wiring loom in drivers door, didn’t fix it . Noticed that from drivers sidelight is out too.
Anyone else any ideas
Poulstonb

Postby Seasidechris53 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:49 pm

sootylum wrote:Had similar problems with driver only window not working, mirrors fold but dot adjust and indicator on mirror not working. Stripped out connector from A post and found a lot of broken wires. See photo. Ive ordered another door loom so that should get the job done.

I’ve been browsing Google for solutions for this exact thing. Was going to buy a new loom myself. Thought I’d wired the broken wires wrong. I had four wires broken in total. One for the door saying it was open which was easy but the other 3 were a mystery. So today whilst looking at this thread I decided to go and have another look. Striped the door card off and started looking. Could I find where these wire where for? Nope. So I changed the 5amp fuse thing it was no 35 and lo and behold the joystick moved the mirrors and when I put the new window switch in the drivers door worked. 12 months on I have finally got working mirrors and a working window switch again. BTW the 3 other broken wires turned out they are the passenger side L/R and up/down. Found this out because my stick was obvs wired wrong.
Seasidechris53

Return to Transit Custom