*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Rear AC pipe 'o' rings

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Rear AC pipe 'o' rings

Postby rhallyb » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

Evening all, I had a damaged AC pipe to the rear of my 2016 Mk8 Minibus. I had the system degassed and ordered a new pipe from ford along with a new 'o' rings set. When I disconnected the rear pipe from the front pipe (connection located just under the rear passenger door) there weren't any 'O' rings on either of the pipe brackets and none of the O rings the in the set supplied by ford seemed to fit. Does anyone know if this bracket should have O rings on it at this connection? Its the metal block connector with the screw thought the middle of it and its kept tight with a bolt on each of the blocks (See attached) . 7zap parts catalogue shows an o ring but the part shown is the set I have bought.

The connection to the rear aux air unit did have o rings on it and I have replaced these with new. Ive also use the correct ford compressor oil lubricant to

I will get the AC engineer to run a leak test before regassing but just wanted to check if anyone knew for certain. O ring or not on these brackets?

Thanks

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 22.03.12.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rhallyb

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits