*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Newbie help question re suspension arm

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Newbie help question re suspension arm

Postby shellruss » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:37 pm

Hi everyone. I own a 1988 transit 120 popular motor caravan 1993cc engine pinto with Webber manual choke put on last year as it failed on emissions
It’s very tatty and always neeeded welding in suspension mounting areas for mot
It’s just failed another mot today same welding issues but this time of failed on suspension arm corroded offside front. Mot man said I had to replace it as it’s been pressed and can’t be welded. I have been to motor factors who looked all over internet for me but could not find one. By any chance can someone please help either by selling me one or pointing me in the right direction to source one please. I am not at all mechanical. I am 67 year old lady who lived to go out in my van in tnd summer for some adventures and tnd reason it’s so tatty is because i am clueless with vehicles. I get what needs done for mot each year and that’s that. If I had an enthusiast friend near me I would pay for some more extensive looking after work. But most garages I ask won’t touch it with a barge pole and tell me to take it to a scrap yard. But it’s my little bit of summer adventure that keeps me going tatty or not and I am not wanting to get rid of it.
Please does anyone know whetd j can buy this suspension arm thingy please. Many thanks cxxx. I live in Yeovil Somerset

I have looked on sonme online websites who are asking what my engine is 56 kw/76hp or 57kw/78hp. But I can’t find that info on my log book so do r have a clue
shellruss

Return to Camper vans and conversions