*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Horn keeps beeping when Locking!

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Horn keeps beeping when Locking!

Postby Scotty86 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:25 am

For the past week everytime I lock the camper the horn beeps! I know it does it if you leave a door open and try locking it but all doors are shut tight and yet it still keeps beeping, really annoying and the neighbors aren't best pleased when this happens early in the morning!
2017 Transit Custom SWB RSV
Scotty86
GLX Posse

Re: Horn keeps beeping when Locking!

Postby ake » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:45 am

One of the latches is not registering as being locked, have you tried all the doors after it beeps to see if one is still unlocked?
Is it still under warranty?
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby Scotty86 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:14 pm

It's going to macrae and dicks next week
Scotty86
GLX Posse

Postby Azer van man » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:25 pm

Make sure there is nothing in the "way" when you shut all doors,I had a bit of webbing once hanging out of nsr door and that believe it or not caused it "beep".... :? :? :?
Choose life, Choose a Transit, Italian Job Done ,Its the Irish in me.....I only listen to Above and Beyond
Now with A 5 pot Beast.......I started off with nothing and I still got most of it left...!!
Azer van man
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby ekayak » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:08 am

if the doors have been unlocked out of sequince or from the inside and you try and lock the doors the horn will go of we have this problem all the time with our minibuses
ekayak
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Guy88 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:35 pm

the van also unlocks the same zone after, either cab or rears, if its the SLD it wont unlock the rear doors but it will beep,

the feature can be turned off aswell :wink: :lol:
2005 Ford F250 Super Duty
1992 MK3 ambulance
1980 A Series crew cab
1984 A series RB44

REMAPPED BY http://WWW.VANTUNER.COM HE IS THE WAY FORWARD

LIVIN' LOUD
Guy88
Site Moderator

Postby Scotty86 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Fixed by me, Was a strange one. Crawled through the back and found that the little manual lock wheel thing was locked, unlocked that and then relocked doors...no more beep :?
Scotty86
GLX Posse

Postby Azer van man » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:33 pm

Scotty86 wrote:Fixed by me, Was a strange one. Crawled through the back and found that the little manual lock wheel thing was locked, unlocked that and then relocked doors...no more beep :?

Happy Days.. :wink: :) :)
Choose life, Choose a Transit, Italian Job Done ,Its the Irish in me.....I only listen to Above and Beyond
Now with A 5 pot Beast.......I started off with nothing and I still got most of it left...!!
Azer van man
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby cts1975 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:11 pm

ekayak wrote:if the doors have been unlocked out of sequince or from the inside and you try and lock the doors the horn will go of we have this problem all the time with our minibuses

I'm having this problem on our MK7 minibus. Could you explain the problem/fix for me.
The horned went off again this morning at 1.50 AM !
I'm worried the neighbours will take me off their Christmas card list !
Thanks
cts1975
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Brian18741 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:41 pm

Scotty86 wrote:Fixed by me, Was a strange one. Crawled through the back and found that the little manual lock wheel thing was locked, unlocked that and then relocked doors...no more beep :?

Apologies for the massive bump, but can anyone explain this to me? Mine is beeping every time I lock or open it and it is quite the nuisance as you can imagine!
Brian18741

Postby awaz bluevdub » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:46 pm

I had this problem a while back, firstly the garage disabled the horn/lock, then booked it in for diagnostics check, turned out that is was a faulty deadlock, so although the doors were locking, they weren't locked on the deadlock.
replaced the faulty deadlock and all has been fine.
awaz bluevdub
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby northernboy » Mon May 08, 2023 12:05 pm

I had this problem on my 2008 Mk7 - horn beeped once on locking the doors and on unlocking could not open the side door. On checking, I found all doors locked except the sliding door and then when tried to unlock the doors all unlocked except the sliding door. I noticed the sliding door lock did not actuate at all indicating a loose contact or dirty contact or broken lock motor.
The single horn beep was irritating but was temporarily silenced for testing purposes by unplugging it at the horn - it it located just behind off side headlight :)
I cleaned the three contacts on the contact plate and on the door and 'worked' the 'door ajar switch' a few times by pressing in and out manually a few times and turning it round to try and ensure a good contact, this is located just under the contact plate. This seemed to make no difference. I then tried double locking the doors by pressing the lock button twice. Amazingly the the sliding door worked. I then ensured it locked and unlocked and re connected the horn - problem solved.
So, I think cleaning the contacts helped and by double locking seemed to have re set the electronics.
northernboy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Mon May 08, 2023 7:48 pm

northernboy wrote:I had this problem on my 2008 Mk7 - horn beeped once on locking the doors and on unlocking could not open the side door. On checking, I found all doors locked except the sliding door and then when tried to unlock the doors all unlocked except the sliding door. I noticed the sliding door lock did not actuate at all indicating a loose contact or dirty contact or broken lock motor.
The single horn beep was irritating but was temporarily silenced for testing purposes by unplugging it at the horn - it it located just behind off side headlight :)
I cleaned the three contacts on the contact plate and on the door and 'worked' the 'door ajar switch' a few times by pressing in and out manually a few times and turning it round to try and ensure a good contact, this is located just under the contact plate. This seemed to make no difference. I then tried double locking the doors by pressing the lock button twice. Amazingly the the sliding door worked. I then ensured it locked and unlocked and re connected the horn - problem solved.
So, I think cleaning the contacts helped and by double locking seemed to have re set the electronics.

Thread was started 12 years ago...The people you're replying to haven't been back on here for many years.

The sliding door contact plate issue is a well known one.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ray1965 » Mon May 08, 2023 8:56 pm

mine randomly beeps on lock and unlock, the randomness is usually once to twice a month, never found anything to cause it other than it being over complicated modern junk
ray1965
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Brettbear63 » Tue May 09, 2023 7:28 am

mine beeps about every five times i lock it , I dont care , my neighbours dont worry about their noise so why should I worry about mine :)
Brettbear63
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Next

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits