*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 won’t start anymore

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Mk7 won’t start anymore

Postby Scottyp86 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:21 pm

loot wrote:I'd try the wiggle trick in the morning after its had chance to settle and see if it still works.
Could be the ignition switch our could be something more sinister :shock:

Fingers crossed it’s just that.

ned wrote:You could have changed the ignition switch 10 days ago when it was first mentioned, its a very common fault. N

I know bud, but I have been on the same job as my pal so he’s been running me n my tools to work
And I put the van to one side.
Scottyp86
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby bambi mk 1 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:47 pm

Scottyp86 wrote:
bambi mk 1 wrote:
Scottyp86 wrote:Don’t want to get to excited but just tried to start it after work
Got it going arfter a few try’s, and was air still in the lines so took it for a run

Got back and tried again and wouldn’t start, checked air in lines and still there
So got back in and tried it and it didn’t start and then I thought
I’ll try give the key a wiggle when it’s turnignover, as ignition switch was my next
Try and it started as soon as I wiggled it. Turnt it off tried again gave it a wiggle
It started , tried a 3rd time. It started. ..... got to be ignition switch surly?????

It seems like you want someone to organise a raffle to raise the £15 :roll:

Nah your alright fella, advise is all I’m after...

That's what I originally gave you in my first post a long time ago :wink: :wink: :lol:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Scottyp86 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:53 am

That's what I originally gave you in my first post a long time ago :wink: :wink: :lol:

Yeh fair play you did call it straight away. Never thought it would be something simple like that though
. Never get that lucky.
Scottyp86
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Alex112 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:55 am

Scottyp86 wrote:

Yeh fair play you did call it straight away. Never thought it would be something simple like that though
. Never get that lucky.

Hi,
What was the problem with you transit? You solved? Main have the same symptoms, exactly the same
Alex112

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits