*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Auxiliary fusebox, where is it ?

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Auxiliary fusebox, where is it ?

Postby benno123 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:52 pm

Hello, on my MK5 Campervan a 1998 non turbo 2.5 DI i am having starting issues. I cannot find the Auxiliary fusebox that is should have. Where can this be located. it is a LHD buscamper. On the starterside of the engine is an ABS module, on the other side is the airbox ? I am confused ?

On the starterside there is next to the battery a small fusebox with big fuses but this is not the one i am looking for i guess.

Should it have one or not and if so where is it ?

help wanted
benno123
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Auxiliary fusebox, where is it ?

Postby jay » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:09 pm

what's the starting issue? fuse box can be anywhere in a camper. but start letting us know the issue. does it spin over fast?
jay
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby MinorMatt » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:01 pm

The Aux fuse box fitted to TDs is on the inner wing above the ABS module. Its mounted to the vertical face below the battery

Its a plastic box about 75mm x 120mm x 70mm. I have seen a few where the plastic box has been removed and the relay and fuse have just been left dangling too
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby BrovtalGemini » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:31 am

Contact a Ford dealership: If all else fails, reach out to a local Ford dealership's service department. They should have access to detailed schematics for your specific model and can confirm if it has an auxiliary fusebox and where it's located.
Double-check the big fusebox: You mentioned a small fusebox with big fuses near the battery. While it might not be the auxiliary one, it's still worth checking those fuses in case one is blown and related to your starting issue.

Hopefully, this helps you track down that elusive auxiliary fusebox (or confirm it doesn't exist)! If you manage to find anything definitive, feel free to share it back here to help future van owners!
BrovtalGemini

Postby djl45 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:33 pm

Hi All and thanks for letting me join.
I'm in a similar boat with fuses eco etc. my 1999 horse box was running fine until the starter wouldn't have the grunt to turn engine. brought a new one (the second) and fitted, now no lights on dash but started perfectly several times. However yet again it's "eaten the starter motor" There's an electrical issue somewhere here? is there an eco? and where is it? .fuses? as per the previous post re small fuse box, yes Ive checked all and ok? so where have my dash lights gone and why does it eat starters? solenoid works but motor poor.
Any help ,suggestions appreciated.
djl45

Postby djl45 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:56 am

As an add on to my post there is no power to the vehicle, no lights, wipers . Nothing.would any of the relays affect this?

Thanks
djl45

Postby MinorMatt » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:51 pm

djl45 wrote:As an add on to my post there is no power to the vehicle, no lights, wipers . Nothing.would any of the relays affect this?

Thanks

No... the master fuses between the battery any the wing would though
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits