*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Which Ford engine models are the best?

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Which Ford engine models are the best?

Postby KyleDuran » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:40 am

I have a question. Considering the common issues discussed regarding the Ford Custom models from 2015-2018, such as wet belt failures and problematic 2.0L engines, what are the most reliable engine models and years for a Ford Custom that balance performance and maintenance costs? Additionally, what are the key maintenance tips to ensure longevity for these models?
KyleDuran

Re: Which Ford engine models are the best?

Postby knobby1 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:57 pm

KyleDuran wrote:I have a question. Considering the common issues discussed regarding the Ford Custom models from 2015-2018, such as wet belt failures and problematic 2.0L engines, what are the most reliable engine models and years for a Ford Custom that balance performance and maintenance costs? Additionally, what are the key maintenance tips to ensure longevity for these models?

Unfortunately anything after Euro-4 can be considered "unreliable" IMHO...Any vehicle with a DPF system or "add-blue" are notoriously troublesome. Most of our requests for help on a Euro-5 vehicle are usually DPF related. All the Euro-5 and 2.0 wet belt engines are horrible. The emissions requirements are the main culprit. Again, just my opinion.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions