*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

No Throttle

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

No Throttle

Postby youngblood » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:38 pm

I have a 2015 transit custom 2.2 the service light started coming on and loss of power I used to switch it off and start it again and it would run fine. But it was happening a lot more, now it won't rev up service light comes on and a symbol with tyre tracks lights up like slippery road, as long as you don't touch the throttle its fine engine start first time. I plugged in a diagnostic machine in from a friend and it came up with throttle pedal sensor bad so I brought a new throttle pedal and fitted it cleared the codes and it still says the same thing do you have to do something for the new pedal to work?? I have attached the code?? any idea what else it could be.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
youngblood
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: No Throttle

Postby knobby1 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:14 pm

youngblood wrote:I have a 2015 transit custom 2.2 the service light started coming on and loss of power I used to switch it off and start it again and it would run fine. But it was happening a lot more, now it won't rev up service light comes on and a symbol with tyre tracks lights up like slippery road, as long as you don't touch the throttle its fine engine start first time. I plugged in a diagnostic machine in from a friend and it came up with throttle pedal sensor bad so I brought a new throttle pedal and fitted it cleared the codes and it still says the same thing do you have to do something for the new pedal to work?? I have attached the code?? any idea what else it could be.

Might not be the pedal itself, the wiring to/from it could be faulty. There's a pedal test function in Forscan which will tell you if there's an issue with the pedal or the wiring to it.

Live data function will also show if there's an issue. I suspect you have something other than the throttle pedal causing problems, hence the ESP/Traction control symbol.

Are you getting any other fault codes apart from P2138..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby youngblood » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:30 pm

No that is the only code showing
youngblood
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby youngblood » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:46 am

The reading went working on the test. The pedal was fine it was the connectors on the ECU that was the problem my windscreen water duck was blocked on the nearside with leaves and water was getting in the engine compartment on the ECU causing the problem I removed the ECU cleaned all the connector cleared the ducked everything is good now.
youngblood
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Technical Problems & Questions