*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit 2015 P2291-00

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Transit 2015 P2291-00

Postby Dhenry1744 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:02 am

I have a transit 2015, the van starts in the morning no problems at all, but after you have driven it and it has got hot it will not start if you spray easy start it will start and run no problem at all.
We have changed the fuel pump and sensors ,fuel filter, clean the tank and change the diesel fuel rail pressure switch it also goes into limp mode every so often. this all started to happen after the van had been serviced and MOT.
Dhenry1744

Re: Transit 2015 P2291-00

Postby knobby1 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:40 pm

Dhenry1744 wrote:I have a transit 2015, the van starts in the morning no problems at all, but after you have driven it and it has got hot it will not start if you spray easy start it will start and run no problem at all.
We have changed the fuel pump and sensors ,fuel filter, clean the tank and change the diesel fuel rail pressure switch it also goes into limp mode every so often. this all started to happen after the van had been serviced and MOT.

Will be the starter...very common. They get full of carbon dust from the brushes wearing...this causes high resistance when hot and inturn high current draw, leaving very little juice for the engine electronics to run the engine. Either repair or replace the starter.

As a diagnostic, check the voltage across the battery during cranking, should be over 11.4v-ish. Poor batteries can give similar symptoms....they show good voltage until loaded, then pull down to under 10v.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions