*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Questions about ordering Ford Transits

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

Questions about ordering Ford Transits

Postby merakogie » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:05 pm

So I want to purchase a Ford transit to build out into a camper. Since there is a shortage and they are tough to get a hold of and used prices are so redicuously high, I am considering ordering.

Are there certain builds that will take longer to get than others? If I pick blue over white paint will that add months to my wait time? Certain motors or awd? What are current wait times for orders?

If I tell the financing department that I am building a camper, will they deny me? Should I just say I am buying for personal use?
merakogie

Re: Questions about ordering Ford Transits

Postby MinorMatt » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:57 am

Ford don't care what you are ordering it for.

The best people to advise what the lead times are are the dealerships themselves. If you arn't too fussy on what you get some dealerships will probably have some Transits on order without having buyers for them - so they can offer shorter lead times
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Questions about ordering Ford Transits

Postby Altransit » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:05 am

merakogie wrote:If I tell the financing department that I am building a camper, will they deny me? Should I just say I am buying for personal use?

As Matt said, if you're buying, then you can do what you like with it, but if you're thinking of a lease, then you can do absolutely nothing to modify the van, because it has to be returned at the end of the lease, in original condition.
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Return to Transit Talk